Saturday, April 2, 2011

Anethesia written and clinical!

WOw! This had to be one of the most stressful days of my life..Friday March 25 I took my anesthesia board exam. I had studied for 2 weeks straight, reading my anesthesia book from front to back! I made sure I would not be taking this exam again! SO the morning of the big day, I woke up drank an orange juice and took an aspirin(this is suppose to help you when your takin a test). I got to school, and headed into a classroom to take the written portion first! The exam had 50 questions, and I circled about 8 that I was unsure of. After we took the exam all of us girls had to wait, until we recieved an envelope that said we either passed or failed. If we failed we had to go home, and that meant you were done. scary, huh?!! Anyway, so the man brought all the envelopes out and we were all so nervous to open them up..Sure enough I just ripped mine open, and there it said CONGRATULATIONS, you passed!! Oh I seriously almost cried in relief! The written portion was what I was most worried about! Luckily everyone in my class passed! (we are awesome) So, after that we headed over to the clinic so we could give our injections. My partner was Julie, and my PSA and IA went well! I never really shook, but this day I could not stop my hand from shaking, it was actually pretty funny! Well, After I gave my injections I went back in the waiting room, to wait for my second envelope to see if I passed the injections! I rushed over to the envelope as soon as he brought it out, and there there it said, Congratulations you passed and are certified to give anesthesia! 2 boards down, 2 boards pending and 1 to go!! I am still waiting on the results for my clinical and process of care, and I take my written on April 19! Can't wait for this to all be done!