Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve Norwegian style!

Jordyn in her cute Christmas outfit!!




All the cute little babies and kids!


The Julenissen(aka Uncle Rick) holding Jordyn!


Go Grandma! Dancing around the Christmas tree!



My poor cousin Jacob had jaw surgery and was miserable:( Grant was trying to make him feel better!

My cute little nephews acting cool!!


We played a little Rock band!!



My sweet Grandma Kari, she started all these fun Norwegian traditions!



Cute little Bre and Jordyn!

My cousin Brooke and her adoreable little girl Ava! I wish they would move back here from vegas. Ava and Jordyn will be best buddies.

The awsome table settings!

My Mom and Uncle Rick eating some Rice pudding!


On Christmas Eve we do our Norwegian traditions with my mom's side of the family. We start off the night by having a big Norwegian dinner! I had to make the cooked cabbage this year and it didn't turn out to bad! We had pork and Korv(which is a sausage)then cabbage and lots of other yummy food. All the tables were set with mom's Norwegian settings from tablecloths to candles. Then after dinner we go downstairs and dance around the christmas tree to Norwegian polka music. Its so much fun especially when good 'ol Grandma gets up and dances! Then a special visitor called a Julenissen(its a Norwegain santa claus)comes and visits and brings presents. The kids didn't even cry, and did a good job! Then we have dessert which is rice pudding with danish sauce. It is soooo yummy, and whoever finds the almond in it gets a prize(a marzipan pig or a firklover)! We had a great night and loved being together with the family!!

1 comment:

Pate said...

You need to send me your pics! Great explanation of everything, I totally blew that one on my blog, I just stated the basics! Cute pictures and Jacob looks like he wants to punch Grant:) I love our family!