Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Emergency surgery, Jordyn's 2 Month shots and Last week off until I start work!!

So this week has started off pretty crazy, I thought it would be nice and relaxing since it was my last week off.. Well it all started Monday. I went to the Dr. to get an ultrasound done, since I haven't quite bleeding from having Jordyn. They thought it was linked to the iud I had placed weeks ago, but needless to say it wasn't! The ultrasound tech said I had lots of crap still in there from the baby, and it wasn't coming out. So on Tuesday they ordered an Emergency D&C(yes another one) and hysteroscopy.(thats where they take a camera and look in the uterus to see whats causing all of this) So my mom rushed off work to watch Jordyn and Grant came to be with me. They put me to sleep and did the surgery, which was only 20 minutes. After the surgery I felt soooo much better. I'm just glad everything went so well, and its over with:)

Then today at about 1:00 Jordyn had her 2 month check up, which means she had to get all of her shots:( I know its so sad!!! She did great though.. She screamed for a few minutes then settled right down. When we got home she was full of smiles, what a sweet baby!! She is the cutest thing ever and has grown so much. She weighs 9lbs 9 oz now and is in the 50% for height and 20% for weight... We love you Jordyn!

At the Dr before the shots

Getting the shots

After the shots


All better!!!



Here are some pictures from the week!



This is my last week until I start work...It's kind of bittersweet! I love my work, but at the same time I am so sad to leave Jordyn. I guess working 3 days won't be that bad. I think I can handle it. This Friday the Dr I work for is taking the whole office up to snowbird for a getaway overnight. My mom is so sweet to take Jordyn overnight. So it will be nice to spend alone time with Grant, and get some good sleep...

12 comments:

thepainterfam said...

Awww those first shots. I think cried almost as much as Sebastian did every time he needed shots. I HATE vaccination time. heh That reminds me that it's time for his 3 year check up and - yup - more shots. Only now he can tell me he hates me ;) heh heh

I'm glad you're feeling better. Here's to hoping that everything is now taken care of and the bleeding will stop and all will be well.

Lori said...

I am so glad the surgery went well. That still sucks though that you had to have it. I hated those first baby shots, it is so sad. I'm glad Jordyn did well with it though. She looks adorable.

Rebecca and Nick said...

Hey Alli! I was wondering how the D&C went, it sounds like you are doing better! That is so great! Jordyn is such a cutie, I hope it's not too hard to leave her hen you head back to work. I hope you guys have fun at Snowbird, think of me because I wish I could be there too!

maria said...

yikes! D&C no fun :( Glad they found out what was the prob and that you are feeling better! Seriously Dr B rocks! I like my new office, but nothing will ever be the same! What days are you working? I need to come up for lunch sometime soon.

Angie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm so sorry that you had to go back for another one. I wish I could have been there to help out. That's awesome that you get to go to Snowbird. Are you sure you're both going to be able to leave her for a night? My guess is no. hahaha. I give Grant 2 hours before he drives down that canyon and goes and picks her up to come and join you guys. Sorry about her vaccinations. At least she was still happy afterwards. She is smiley, it's adorable!!!!

Corinne said...

Alli you poor thing you have the worst luck. Jordyn is such a smiley baby and I love her hair! I know that your not too excited to come back to work but I am excited to have you back! See you friday.

Brian and Carly said...

I my gosh! I'm so glad you're okay! That is really scary...And I HATE shots. You seemed to handle it much better!!!

Karly said...

WOW! I didn't know you had a D and C (2???). I am glad that you're feeling better! I hated going back to work. I cried the whole way there for about a week! GOOD LUCK!

**Cunningham's** said...

Oh poor Alli!! What an insane week! I'm glad you made it through... shots are the worse and when you're not feeling well either I'.m sure it was horrible

**Cunningham's** said...

Oh poor Alli!! What an insane week! I'm glad you made it through... shots are the worse and when you're not feeling well either I'.m sure it was horrible

Melanie Bingham said...

I am so glad the ultrasound tech caught that. Scary. Jordyn is darling!

Benjam said...

That screaming pic looks like it was a loud one.

glad to hear you're okay.

and yes, shots suck

and that's quite the smiley baby you have there.